Last updated: 21st May 2018
Advance is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and respected. Please read this policy to understand how we will treat your personal data.
For the purpose of Data Protection 1998 (Act) / EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), the data controller is Advance (Advance International Ltd), 1 Lowman Way, Hilton, Hilton Business Park, Derby, DE65 5LJ.
1. Individuals whose data we collect and process
- Visitors to our website at advancelighting.co.uk
- Individuals who are authorised to use our products and services on our customers behalf such as authorised resellers, fitters or overseas partners
- Individuals who are end users of our products and services
2.Information we process about Individuals
- Information that you by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at that the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services or completing forms such as Account registration.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of this correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, location data and other communication data
3. Information we process about End Users
- In addition to the above we process information on behalf of our customers that includes:
- Information submitted via our customers directly
- Information collected by Google Analytics and other technology such as cookies (please see IP addresses and cookies)
4. Retention & deletion
Advance International retains your information while you remain active client, unless you make a request to delete your information.
If you stop being an active client we will retain your information unless you request that your details be deleted; however we will only contact you if we believe the information to be of ‘legitimate interest’.
If you have signed up to receive our newsletter / requested information from us, we will retain your information until your request to be removed / deleted.
Advance International may retain certain information after deletion:
- If your account is unresolved, such as outstanding invoices
- If it is deemed necessary due legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention
- If we are required by applicable law.
5. IP addresses, cookies and others
- Advance International may collect information about your computer including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration purposes. This is information collated to gain insight into browsing patterns and data. This does not identify individuals and will be deleted after 6 months.
- We may obtain information about your general internet by using technologies such as ‘cookies’, which store information on the hard drive of your computer. This helps Advance to improve our site. They help us to:
- Understand visitor numbers
- Store information about preferences and goods that may be of interest
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise when you return to our website
- You may refuse to decline the addition of cookies by activating settings on your browser. This may effect usage of the website and you may be unable to use certain areas.
- We use Google Analytics and other monitoring software on our site. These types of technologies allow Google to access how your information is processed by third parties. You should consult third policy privacy policies such as Google if you have any concerns.
6. Where we store individual’s personal data:
- The data that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. By providing this data you agree to this transfer, storage or processing. We will take all steps possible to ensure this is stored securely and privately.
7. Security and control
- All information provided is stored on secure servers and is accessible only by you, as an End User, Authorised user(s) of our services and software.
- Please note the transmission of data via the internet, despite our best efforts may not be completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
8. How we use your information
- We use your information in a number of ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective way on your computer
- Provide you with information related to products, services that we believe may be of interest to you which you have consented to
- Carry out our obligations that relate to contracts that we (Advance International) and your (the Customer) has entered into
- Notify of you changes to a service
- As an existing customer, we will only contact by electronic means with information that we feel is similar to those of a previous sale with us
- No personal information is disclosed to third parties with regards to advertisers or any other marketing purposes
9. Sharing your information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- The business or assets are bought or sold in which case we may disclose your personal data to a potential buyer
- If under a duty of care we are obliged to share your personal data if we are required to comply with any legal obligation or in order to apply to our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Advance International
- You have the right to ask us not process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can email us to request your data is not processed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Link to others
- From time to time, our website may contain links to and from other websites
11. Accessing your Information
- GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. To find out what personal information about you by making a ‘data subject access request’ to. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Tell you what information we are holding
- Tell you why we hold it
- Tell you who we would disclose it to
- Let you have a copy
- Any formal subject request should be made in writing to our office address: 1 Lowman Way, Hilton Business Park, Hilton, Derby, DE65 5LJ.
- We will make every effort to provide you this information for free however we may charge a fee for anything we deem beyond a reasonable request.
12. Updating or changing your information
- If at any time you wish to change your information, you can contact us with updated contact details by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If you wish to opt-out of marketing emails, you can do this by amending your permissions with the emails we send or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to unsubscribe.
13. Data subject rights
- Right to Rectification – if your data is inaccurate you have the right to be ask the controller (Advance International) to correct that data
- Right to Object – if you wish to object to any processing, unless we (Advance International) can be provide strong reason not to, processing will stop.
- Right to be Forgotten – you have the right to request your data is erased without reasonable delay. If one of the following conditions are met, we (Advance International) will deem this a reasonable request.
- The data is no longer required
- The data subject withdraws consent
- Advance International deems no reason to override this decision
There may be reason for Advance International to contest this:
- Processing is unlawful
- We no longer need the data for its original purpose, however it is needed for legal purposes
- Right of Data Portability – the right to receive a copy of your data in a machine readable format e.g. Word, Xls or CSV.
14. Changes to our policy
15. Get in touch